Anxiety can influence a man to envision that things in their lives are more regrettable than they truly are, and keep them from standing up to their feelings of trepidation. Regularly they will think they are going frantic, or that some mental irregularity is at the core of their troubles. This article will give you the overview, symptoms, causes, and cure for it.
Overview of Anxiety
It is a general term for a few issues that reason anxiety, dread, fear, and stress. These disorders affect how we feel and behave and can cause physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can seriously affect day-to-day living. It is important to know the difference between normal feelings of it and disorder that requires medical attention a helpful approach to distinguishing normal anxiety from an anxiety disorder is to identify the cause of it, and then assess whether the anxiety symptoms are a proportional response to it. Worries, fears, and intrusive thoughts that are extreme, unrealistic, or exaggerated and interfere with normal life and functioning could constitute an anxiety disorder. For instance, being concerned about getting sick and taking steps to avoid germs, like using hand sanitizer and avoiding touching door handles, does not necessarily constitute an anxiety disorder; however, if the concern about sickness makes it difficult to leave the house, then it is possible that the person suffers from an anxiety-related disorder.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Its symptoms vary from person to person. You can experience any one of the symptoms or in some rare cases, they have reported experiencing all of them. Some of the commonly reported symptoms are listed below:
- The feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering or pounding heart also known as palpitation
- Numbness or tingling in hands or feet also known as Paresthesia
- Sweating also known as perspiration
- Smothering or shortness of breath
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Chest tightness it may be experienced during the anxiety or right before that
In some cases, it can manifest in specific phobias that are inappropriate to the specific situation, or in a frenzy issue, where we feel sudden, unwarranted dread that can cause chest pain and a choking sensation which can be mixed up for a heart attack.
Causes of Anxiety
Research suggests people with certain traits are more likely to have anxiety attacks. Some of the causes are listed here:
- Stress from school, workplace or home
- Mental or physical illness
- Verbal, sexual, physical or emotional abuse or trauma
- Emotional trauma such as death or broken relationship
- Illicit drugs such as cocaine
- Medications such as benzodiazepines, thyroid curing drugs
Above causes can’t be considered as the only reason for anxiety as it depends on the biological condition of you to get a trigger for it. If you are experiencing any panic attack frequently than I will suggest you to consult a doctor. Although, when faced with potentially harmful or worrying triggers, are not only normal but necessary for survival.
Treatment for Anxiety
You can treat or cure Anxiety with a healthy lifestyle and some precautions to be kept in mind. We have shortlisted 8 ways underneath:
- Psychotherapy empowers patients to reduce anxiety
- Anti-Anxiety Medication
- Eat plenty of food rich in magnesium such as veggies, nuts, seeds, and starches
- Exercise as little as 5mins of walk or aerobic exercise can do wonders
- Limit caffeine and alcohol consumption
- Ashwagandha is a natural remedy to cure anxiety
- Vitamin B rich food such as pork, fish, soya beans
- Set up a routine such as bedtime, wake up time and take an adequate sleep of 7 – 9 hours
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article is to be construed as medical advice, nor it is intended to replace the recommendations of a medical professional. For specific questions, please consult a specialist for proper diagnosis and treatment.